OCCA's Mission Statement is to protect and enhance the natural environment and resources of the catchment of
Oxley Creek by advocating, educating and participating in catchment management.
The activities of the Oxley Creek Catchment Association (OCCA) support the vision of key
organisations working to enhance the natural environment of South East Queensland, in particular:
- Brisbane City Council (BCC) whose vision of a ‘Clean, green city’ includes the target to 'restore 40% of Brisbane to natural habitat by 2026’ The South East Queensland Healthy Waterways Partnership whose 2007-2012 Strategy is
an integrated set of action plans which contains committed actions to maintain and improve
- the health of SEQ waterways by:
- o protecting and conserving high ecological value waterways, improving catchment health
- o reducing urban and non-urban diffuse source pollution, and decreasing point source
- o increasing the commitment and capacity of the general community
- Implementing the SEQ Natural Resource Management Plan 2009 – 2031 which contains targets for waterway maintenance, enhancement and restoration.